Purple Stripe Garlic
Our Purple Stipe Garlic Powder comes from an heirloom variety with a purple stripe on its papery skin and bulbs about half the size that you're used to.
It's grown by a group of farmers in the mountains of northern Vietnam and has a savory & sweet flavor profile that adds depth and complexity to everything it touches. Add it to tomato sauces, stews, salad dressings or simply sprinkle it onto stir-fries or pizza.
Esquire says our garlic powder has a "knack for making flavors go supernova."
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Hot air-dried, then ground
- Ingredients: 100% garlic, ground (Allium sativum)
- Tasting notes: Brown Butter • Toasted Hazelnut • Asafoetida
- Add to onion, carrots, and celery as flavor base for sauces, stews, braises, or beans
- Toss into meat and veggie rubs, stir fries, and salad dressings
- Sprinkle over reheated pizza
- Pairs well with: Zanzibar Black Peppercorns, Nile Coriander, Herati Saffron