Objects of Bunyaad
We are a fair trade organization committed to selling quality, hand knotted rugs made by fairly paid adults. We also aim to educate our customers about fair trade and hand knotted rugs.
In addition, we aim:
- To seek to bring justice, hope and peace to the poor;
- To trade with artisan and producer groups who pay fair wages and demonstrate concern for their members’ welfare;
- To seek to increase local market share for fairly trade products;
- To market quality crafts and products as a means of assisting the employment of financially under-privileged artisans and producers;
- To market products that reflect and reinforce rich cultural traditions, that are environmentally sensitive, and which appeal to local consumers;
- To encourage our customer to learn about fair trade and to appreciate artisans’ cultural heritage
Bunyaad is a member of Fair Trade Federation and a long time trading partner of Ten Thousand Villages and other fair trade organizations.